Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Expander! Lisp...

"Oh, I cannot eat!" Lovebug curled up to me as she struggled with a baked potato.... I know it hurts and feels so very weird to eat....


Today our orthodontist placed the e-x-p-a-n-d-e-r in her too small mouth.... today was a challenge for her 8 years.... we'll turn the key each day for 3 weeks.... making room in her upper pallet for teeth... I've been reminded the alternate to this was pulling 4 teeth with an oral surgeon... and that was too close to hubbies surgeries...


No candy is the rule.... Ice cream, cake & pies are her sweetness ticket!!! Yumm sounds good, huh!? I hope tomorrow she'll have sweetness to enjoy those pleasures!!!


Talking is another challenge!! With her mouth full it is hard to speak... I'm sure she'll work thru her lisp...


Grace! ss

Comments
Apr. 12, 2008 - ouch
Posted by JamieLee
I had one of those as a kid, so I can sympathize with your daughter! The good news is that it did what it was suppose to do, and I didn't have to have a bunch of teeth pulled like my poor mom did when she was a child!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin