Thursday, July 24, 2008

House Hunt Lessons

We've recently looked at 2 houses...

Our goal is to cut Hubbie's travel time & move to the other side of town...

Little House-
The first house was a cute little house on a big 1 acre yard. The house became very small when I realized I had to drop 3 rooms to move!!! Drop my loved sun room... my formal dining that's covered in crafting.... and my 4th bedroom that's my Chicago Red Library.... Oh, that's alot to loose.

It also was an 80's house with the icky popcorn ceiling! I already have that ceiling....

Neat 90's-
The second house... was beautiful!!! Here's the description.... 2400 sq. ft. , 4 bedrooms 3 baths, (split MBR) high ceilings, hardwood and tile floors, built l998, with a very neat landscaped yard (about 1/2 of the acre, with remainder in big trees) and a very nice gunite, SALT FILTERED pool. It has an aeorobic system.

It already has our gas logs... and a wonderful sitting area on the back side of the thru fireplace!! The back patio was spacious... the salt pool sounds just like what Ladybug needs... she reacts to chlorine pools.... Here the girls also enjoyed a first time play on a Wii...

I told Hubbie... the home is beautiful!! And very much a DUAL income house....

Lesson- I don't want to be in a dual income house... then we'd have a house only to sleep in... no living in.... no homeshcooling... no life..... for us. I've asked God to remove the images of that house!! Maybe someday a 90's home will be ours.

Today I'll enjoy my girls playing in the back yard with the neighbors girls. I'm thankful for my sun room where my computer sits. I'm thankful Hubbie's driving a good gas mileage car and pray it lasts!! I'm thankful for our home!!

I'm also challenged to declutter.... I could not sell as if even if I wanted to!! The piles & boxes.. the unfinished project in limbo.... When we finish school... these will be my priority!! and my very big challenge!!

Grace! ss

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yes, that decluttering is really key to making your space livable and enjoyable. Our space is much smaller than what we had before we moved, but I'm glad for that because it has pushed me to remove *things* that I didn't really need. We still have some of that stuff to get rid of, but not as much as before.

Jaime said...

I understand about finding a house in your price range (and single income). We're in the process of looking and it can be disheartening. But, I'm with you, I want to live in my house, not just sleep there. I'd rather be in budget and happy than above budget and way too busy.

Have fun de-cluttering! I love to declutter! :-)

Laura said...

I think the commitment to stay home and school your girls in so much the right thing to do!! I understand living a one income life in a two income world. May God bless our efforts to store treasures in heaven and not on earth. You will know when you find the right thing!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I agree with what Laura said! God is going to honor your commitment and their is the right house out there for you. They come along in the strangest ways! We would have never picked this neighborhood but God hand picked it for us. We get a lot of comments, even from some of our closest friends, but we know we are where we are supposed to be. We love where we live (except we do want some land! ha!) and know God is using us here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin