Monday, March 28, 2011
Mifi Day 1
What is a MIFI? A mobile wifi.. that uses a cell signal.... more detail on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiFi Why? I have longed to cut off our cable bill... it's been our internet connection. We are recently out of contract and the bill spiked.... I was loathe to recommit... we do not watch cable unless ther is a tornado close or other big event... Cost? Monthly the MIFI runs $40 for unlimited usage... We bought our Virgin Mobile MIFI at Radio Shack for about $150... we can purchase either 10 days or 30 days at a time.... there is no commitment... they use the Sprint network. Use? We are using the MIFI for our pc internet and our mobile devices... itouches... up to 5 devices can connect to it. Speed? Down 977kb Up 184kb... it is both slower than our cable and cheaper... I can deal with it! Challenges? We have taken a month to get the mifi in working order... we have had some set up issues and customer service said it was programmed wrong after 3 calls and 11 days down.... So now we are up and running... Testing? We've used it home and on the go.... it works where Sprint phones work... we even got some signal camping this weekend!! Day 1: As of today this is our first day totally on the MIFI.... sometimes I find the pc switching signals betweed the MIFI & the prior network... that's a hubbie issue to resolve.... We've had to locate the MIFI at our pc desk for optimum signal. All and all I'm thrilled to turn off the cable!!! Just turning that off saves money!! Grace! ss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment